Thursday, January 28, 2010

. . . and the rain came down




So, Andy fell through the ceiling! Ok I will give you a moment to get all the laughter out. And yes he is okay. It was actually really scary but after we realized he was alright it was quite hilarious.

So the whole story is that Arizona got hit with tons of rain last week and the roof at my parents house started leaking. The first leak was directly over our bed. So my dad sent Andy up into the attic to see if he could see where it was coming from. When I saw Andy climbing up the ladder I warned him that I didn't think it was a good idea (a lesson that you should always listen to your wife. But he went up anyway. Meanwhile my dad and I were cooking dinner and then all of the sudden we hear a loud crash. My heart raced when I realized it had something to do with Andy and I ran across the house. Running down the hall I came to the scene of the accident and saw a pair of legs hanging from the ceiling and insulation covering the room. I was freaking out because he was lying there motionless and I thought he was unconscious. We then had this very brief but informative conversation,

Me: ANDY!

Pause

Me: ANDY!

Andy: Yeah . . .

Me: Oh, How are you?

Andy: I've been better.

My dad had been mustering all his strength to move the huge ladder directly under Andy and then he safely came down. All in all we are very grateful that he was not seriously injured. He does have some pretty nasty bruises on his legs from when he broke through the drywall and probably from all the wires he was tangled up in. But we are a little frustrated with the house falling down. The leaks continued to spring up and caused another piece of drywall to come falling down in Zach's room. We are hoping it is all fixed now.

2 comments:

Staci said...

THat is the craziest thing ever! I am glad andy is okay...WOW!

Theler said...

That sucks! Hope andy is ok. I would have been so scared!